Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Beginning/Christmas in Review

It is hard to believe that it has almost been a year since I started this blogging journey.  Our family had a wonderful Christmas and took time to remember the "REAL" reason for the season!  A few years ago Curtis and I told the kids that they could ask for only three things from Santa.  We told them that if it was good enough for Jesus, it was more than enough for them.  They stuck to it this year and were very happy with all that Santa brought them.  Curtis and I just gave each other small gifts.  There wasn't a thing that we needed.  We are just so blessed to have each other and two healthy children!  God has blessed us in so many ways it is hard to find the words to thank him sometimes!
McKinley and Ethan with their new scooters!

Ethan loves his new beyblades!
New boots!!


Justin Beiber perfume!  Just what I wanted!!! Thanks
Grandma and Granddaddy!!!
I guess you can tell Ethan was pretty excited about his one!
Thanks, Mimi and Papa!!!!!


The kids with their stockings!!!




In 2012, I am going to strive to be a better wife, mother, youth teacher, friend, co-worker, and first and foremost CHRISTIAN!  I am going to try to find more opportunities to share CHRIST with others.  We are living in the last days!  Our pastor shared with us today that we as Christians  should weep over the fact that there are lost people out there that need the Lord.  I was reading a blog just recently that touched me so much!  It went something like this: "So why is it that we would not dare allow a house to burn with people inside without trying to help them, but we don't have an urgency to share with our co-workers, friends, and family of the wrath to come and the fires of the wrath of hell!"  Wow, if  that doesn't make you think about your purpose, I don't know what will.  I have so many friends and family members that are dealing with hard times.  I just pray that God will give me words of encouragement to share with these loved ones.  Words that will bring them closer to him so that they can embrace HIM during their hard times! 

As you listen to this song, think of someone that may be asking themselves this question!





I hope that each and everyone of you had a great Christmas and that you have a blessed NEW YEAR!  Now is the time for a NEW beginning!  What will you do with YOU this year?????


1 comment:

  1. Tina, I loved your blog today! Thanks for sharing!! I wanted to let you know that I changed the address to my blog from Welcome Street to www.one39fourteen.blogspot.com. Be blessed in the New Year! Sincerely, Jenny

    ReplyDelete