Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Break

Well it is hard to believe that spring break is almost over.  It has been a very busy week with the kids!  Ethan started off the week at Chiefs 2B Baseball Camp on Monday and Tuesday while McKinley and I worked around the house cleaning out closets.  That was a job, by the way!






                                     Ethan and his buddy Braydon!

                                   Our Closet!

   McKinley's closet!  I did not take before pictures.  That would be embarrassing!


                      Ethan's closet!   

On Tuesday we traveled to Hickory,NC with Curtis.  He had some business to attend to. On the way we stopped in Charlotte and enjoyed dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and did some shopping at South Park Mall (awesome mall).




  Original with strawberries and chocolate caramel!  YUMMY!!!



On one of the dreary rainy days we went to see the movie Rio.  The mall was packed.  It looked like the day after Thanksgiving.  All of the Easter tourist decided to go to the movies as well.



Curtis and I thought it was important for the kids to know the real reason we celebrate Easter, so one night we watched the Passion of the Christ.  It was hard for me to watch, as it is each time I watch this.  To think that God sent his ONE and only son to suffer and die for MY sins.  The kids had lots of questions and we explained that all of  this had to happen so that we could be saved.  The part that hits me the hardest is that Jesus prayed for his accusers even as they crucified him. What an AWESOME GOD we serve!!!!


I also finished my last session of my Bible study Breaking Free by Beth Moore.  Can't wait for the next study!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun spring break! I like the picture of Ethan and Curtis... what a smile on Ethan. ;)

    ReplyDelete