Tuesday, June 21, 2011

VBS- Big Apple Adventure

This week the kids and I are going to VBS at our church.  I am teaching 3rd and 4th graders as I have done for the past 7 or 8 years.  I love teaching children this age.  They are interesting in learning new things about God and  how much he loves us.  I am amazed at the knowledge these children know about God's word and how well they can memorize scripture!





Over the weekend the kids and I decorated my classroom.  They love to pitch in and help.  This is one of the hardest parts of being a VBS leader is trying to be creative with the decorating.  The children get so excited to see the room each year. 





This year my room is supposed to look like "Battery Park" in NYC.  We all gather each day in a circle on the grass-like carpet and listen to the Bible story.  We have focused on Faith and Love so far this week!


McKinley and Ethan look forward to going each day and they don't whine because they have to get up early!




God is GOOD!!!


4 comments:

  1. Wish we lived closer! Anna Grace would love your class:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shirts!! Enjoy your kids :) Thats the theme first baptist is doing (ours is the week of july 31st)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your classroom! You did an awesome job decorating! Hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shirts too.... looks like everything is going well. See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete