Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lovin' Summer

Can't believe how fast this summer is flying by!  The kids and I have been super busy! I had to remind both of them today that they need to get busy reading and writing in their journal!  We had been doing a good job with this until this week!  You know the teacher in me wants to keep them busy reading and writing!

Speaking of reading...  My friend Anna gave me a book at bible study the other night called Heaven is for Real.  I started reading it about 9:30 Thursday night and could not put it down!  I stayed up until midnight reading!  I guess I can check off - read a book in one day- from my bucket list!  I strongly recommend this book to anyone!  It really makes you think!  We need to have a strong foundation in faith to be able to handle different circumstances that come our way! I have been spending a lot of quiet time with God this summer!  I am amazed at how much he has revealed to me through his word!  Being able to spend hours studying His word is one thing I love about summer!



McKinley has spent a lot of time with her friend Mallaree !  I think they have spent three nights together this week!  We just love Mallaree!!!




Ethan was able to enjoy the big beach slide with his friend Braydon!  They had a blast !!!





We have taken the kids to two different ice cream shops this week!  We went to Painters and The Creamery!  The banana pudding ice cream from The Creamery is the bomb!  I just loved the vanilla wafer crumbs!





I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend!  So thankful that God has given us a break from the heat!!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked that book... it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read that book...it will be the next one I pick up at the store now :) Glad ya'll are having a great summer...its almost over!

    ReplyDelete