Friday, July 22, 2011

McKinley's Camp Experience

McKinley went to her first summer camp on Sunday!  I have to say I have really missed her.  She is such a great little helper and I have missed seeing her sweet face everyday!  She has had a great week and has learned so much about God's word!

On Sunday we all loaded up after church to take her to camp (Curtis, myself, Ethan, and grandparents, of course).  This was a very big deal especially since she hasn't spent more than two nights in a row away from home! Mallaree, Ana, and McKenna, three of her bestest friends, were there with her!  They were all excited!  When we arrived we checked in and quickly went to get their bunk beds all ready for their week long stay!  They were all smiles when we left!  I have to say this was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do as a parent, leaving my nine year old for a week at camp, trusting that someone was going to take care of my precious little girl!  This is a sure sign that your baby is NOT a baby anymore!  I knew that this would be a great experience for her and a time to help her grow spiritually!  I was a little worried about the water skiing though because she had never done this before but she absolutely loved it!


All ready for a great week!

In front of their cabin!

Signing up for chores!




Can we do this??????????

I was so excited when I got my midweek letter from McKinley.  I had been praying that God would protect her and wrap his mighty arms around her each day!  I felt so much better after I read the letter that assured me that she was a having a good time!



 Today we had to return to pick up our little ones!  They had prepared a program to share with us what they had learned during the week!  I was so happy to see my little girl!  She ran to me and started to cry.  She said she had missed us so much!  She hadn't cried all week until she saw us tonight!  I have to admit I was teary eyed too!  So glad to have her home again!!!!









1 comment:

  1. I bet it was hard to leave her...a week is a long time! Glad she had a good week!

    ReplyDelete